| Wiersgalla Co. Plumbing & Heating
Quality services for both residential and commercial clients
Your heating system may not be something you think of all year round, but if it’s not working efficiently or not working at all when you need it to, you could be left feeling uncomfortable or worse, your life could be in danger. Whether you want to keep up with routine maintenance or need an emergency repair, our professional technicians at Wiersgalla Co. Plumbing & Heating are here to help. When you call us for any of your heating needs, you will be met with friendly customer service and knowledgeable staff that will treat you like part of the family.
Free heating estimates are available within our service area – give us a call today! Be sure to mention our coupon when scheduling a service and get 10% off residential labor!
• Chippewa Valley | 715.839.0707
• Rice Lake | 715.236.2102
• Spooner | 715.635.7100
• Toll Free | 1.800.307.9000
Heating Services We Offer
- Furnace inspections
- Thermostat repairs
- Boiler inspections
- Central heating
- Radiator repairs
- Radiant floor heating
- Garage heaters
- Heat pumps
- Ductless heat pump systems
- Gas piping to outdoor grills
- And more
Comfortmaker® Heating & Air Conditioning
We are proud to offer our customers quality products and equipment from Comfortmaker® heating and cooling. Created using the latest engineering and technology, you receive high energy efficiency and reliability to keep your home in complete comfort day in and day out. Each gas furnace from Comfortmaker® is designed with a minimum 80% AFUE efficiency rating, helping you save energy costs when in use.
Call us today to determine which Comfortmaker® product is right for your needs and budget. When ready, we will schedule a time for our experienced service technicians to professionally install your new furnace.
Your heater just stopped… now what?
When your furnace suddenly stops working, your mind may immediately begin thinking of the potentially costly problems it could mean, but it doesn’t always indicate there’s a serious mechanical issue. The first thing to do is try to determine if there may be a simple explanation for the malfunction.
- Check your thermostat batteries. These units don’t usually require frequent battery changes, so it is possible the batteries simply need to be replaced in order for it to relay the message to your furnace that it needs to kick on.
- Check your furnace filters. If your filters aren’t changed or cleaned regularly, the build-up of dust and other things may have completely plugged up the system by not allowing it to draw outside air in. Changing it out for a brand new filter could be all you need to get it back up and running.
- Verify that power is getting to your furnace. First, ensure that the power on your furnace is switched to “on.” If so, check your circuit breaker to make sure the particular circuit has not been tripped, or you have a blown fuse. If tripped, simply reset the breaker, but a blown fuse may need to be replaced.
- If you have a gas furnace, check the pilot light. Sometimes, the pilot light on gas furnaces may go out. If that appears to be the case, you can relight the pilot light and verify the gas valve is set to “on.”
If all of the simple solutions above don’t seem to be the cause of your issue, don’t wait. Give us a call today for professional diagnosis and repair solutions.
Annual Maintenance Program
Your heating system works hard during roughly half the year to keep your home comfortable. Stay ahead of major repairs and keep everything running smoothly with an annual maintenance plan from Wiersgalla Co. Our heating plan includes a twice-per-year visit by our experienced plumbers who will inspect your home’s system. Participating in an annual maintenance program helps to ensure you avoid potentially expensive repairs down the road. Plus, customers who participate in our maintenance programs receive an extra 10% off service calls throughout the year.
Call us today for more information and to sign up for our annual maintenance programs.
*Please note: An extra fee will be assessed at the time of service. A quote for service will be provided over the phone by a technician prior to our visit.